Monday, September 29, 2008

Get Rowdy

Last Friday the Rowdy Ones(sludge-skate punk from New England) took a trip to Brooklyn. They sat in their converted mini school bus underneath the BQE and listened to a compilation of unreleased songs by old Berkley bands. After a night of skating and consumption of beer they drove to West Philadelphia, along the way they got high on spray paint and pot. They arrived at the Shore House anxious to make up for an abbreviated performance that had gone down several months prior. After wards they printer tee shirts and posters. This is what it looked like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This show was intended to be at FDR skatepark. I think it was moved due to the shitty weather. Part of the allure to going to Philly with The Rowdy Ones was to catch Partysaurus Wrecks again. I wish I could tell you that they played well and that they are the second coming of Deep Purple, but I can't. I can tell you Nothing Is Over(it could have been Hat and War)played a great cover of "Young Till I Die". I was real shitty myself by the time P Wrecks played. My main concentration other than drinking beer from a cup, was watching all the people at the party coming up with creative ways to drink beer.

Photobucket

Guitar Beer-o

Photobucket

Here you have xMARTYFOULx hoisting a local fella while he shotguns a 12oz Sparks.

Photobucket

Now we have the same dude doing a keg stand with his bike.

Photobucket

Let us not forget the classic Keg Stand, Nice Form!

Photobucket

And of course there is Jello. It looks to me like he's regurgitating beer back into the keg. What a nice guy. I have several more wild photos from this show, but the pins in my hand are killing me, so they will have to wait for another day. Thanks again to the Rowdiest guys I know for letting me tag along.

No comments: