Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mid Summer Review

With July nearly through and very few blogs to show for it, I have some catching up to do. This month has been jammed with 40+ hour work weeks, and lots adventure packed weekends. The weekend following my Philly trip, I spent a good deal of time on Long Island. Went to Bellmore Cruise night with Mr. and Mrs. Baltstern, where we met up with every ones favorite New Orleans homeowner, K. Got a few good pics, but I really like this Ed Roth inspired rod.

<span class=

<span class=

Afterwards I was so hungry. The first few burger places we went to were closed, so we ended up at some diner in Freeport. Equipped with my appetite, and a Whoopie Cushion I picked up earlier that day, we went on to be one of the most obnoxious tables this place had ever seen.
Anytime the waitress, waiter, bus boy or other patron would walk by we would let out the "Bronx Cheer" with in the Whoopie Cushion. As immature as that sounds we had such a good time, K even said that he hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

Photobucket

The next day Andy Kle and I went down to Jones Beach. Kinda uneventful. The ride down the Meadowbrook was great. Cruisin the Dart on the highways that were developed my Robert Moses is kind of a trip. The Long Island highway system was built post WWII for cars just like mine, not theses modern super-machines that you'll see around now, but for daily commuter shit boxes.

Photobucket

Sometime during the course of July Glen and I went fishing with my old man. It was killer. Boated a few stripped bass, and a few fluke that were not big enough to keep. After that we fed a whole family of Sea Robbins with fluke bait we decided to call it a day. For those of you who are out of the loop, a Sea Robbin is a pre-historical fish that has wings, spikes, and barks. What a pain is the ass that those things are. They eat your bait, and never get off your hook with out a a fight.

Photobucket

The highlight of the summer thus far was attending the Major League Baseball All-Star Game. My cousin came through with tickets, in a big way. He has always been what I refer to as a Yankee Stadium "Pirate". Ever since we were kids we have been going to games, and he has been getting away with shit. Autographs, good seats, more autographs, he's always been able to get away with what ever he wants. My grandfather calls it manipulation, I see it more as charisma.

Photobucket

Well charisma, manipulation, I call it 3rd row behind that National League dugout at the Home Run Derby. We even had better seats that Al Leiter, who sat a few rows behind us. The next night was even more unbelievable, if you could believe that. Due to legal ramifications I can't go into all the fun we had at the All-Star Game, but I'm telling you, it was killer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wouldn't you know it, after I had all that fun at the All-Star Game, I broke my camera. Same one that I had for almost 4 years, the good ol' Nikon 4200. It left me unable to take some great shots of me working in the office the following Saturday and Sunday. I worked on a real cool pitch with some higher ups, so I didn't really mind missing a weekend. Fortunately Glen came through in a big way and picked me up that Saturday afternoon and drove a van full of people to a swimming hole in New Jersey, then we sent to see The Dark Night at a drive in. Very ill.

Photobucket

The following weekend was partially spent back in Philly. Caught ANS, and Retard Strength. Didn't catch a staph infection, which was a concern because I got a fresh tattoo from Patt Attack, then went to the show at Disgraceland a few hours later. Like I said My camera is busticated, so Mia let me take pictures with her camera.

Photobucket

..."it's gonna be a big dick day".

Photobucket

Gotta a lot of of great stuff planned for August. Rumbler Car Show on the 23rd, plus I am trying to get a few '64 rides to roll over to Shea Stadium for a tailgate. More than likely to end up in Philly at some point before the end of the month as well. Can't afford to replace my digital camera right now, so looks like I might be shooting film. More cool shit to come.

Photobucket




No comments: